Documents & Reports
- 2013-2014 Strategic Business Planning Executive Summary: (PDF 215 KB) GO spent the better part of 2013 into the early months of 2014 engaging in a strategic business planning process to help us refocus our vision and achieve our mission more efficiently. The process involved wide-reaching research and feedback from several focus groups and key stakeholders. This Executive Summary covers the findings and changes GO is implementing.
- GO 2014 Infographic: (PDF 262 KB) GO has always strived to be a data-driven organization. We do this because we think it’s important for our donors, partners, and (most importantly) our community to know how their support makes a difference in the lives of every day people in Asheville.
- GO: History & Accomplishments 2-Pager (PDF 7.8 MB) – A 5+ year history, major accomplishments, and some success stories for a period lasting from founding in September 2008 until May 2014.
- GO East of the Riverway Report (PDF 1.6 MB) – September 2012 report on the activities of GO’s Outreach Team for the Sustainable Communities’ East of the Riverway project, including street team, block parties and other events, community info-kiosks, and the mobile sustainability showcase van.
- HACA Post-Weatherization Report (PDF 908 KB) – The Seimens International report done for Housing Authority of the City of Asheville on the effectiveness of GO’s weatherization of 1100 public housing units in 2010. Published April 2012.
- GO/YWCA Inclusiveness Study (PDF 993 KB) – The results of a study done by Erin Condo February 2011 on the inclusiveness of people of color and women in Western North Carolina’s green collar economy.
Articles & Reports
- “With lower incomes and less healthy options, food deserts span WNC” by Jack Igelman, Carolina Public Press (Published 3/7/2012)
- “Race and Male Employment in Wake of the Great Recession: Black Male Employment Rates in Milwaukee and the Nation’s Largest Metro Areas 2010″ by Marc V. Levine, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Center for Economic Development (Working Paper January 2012)
- Green For All – Link to the “Reports & Research” page of Green For All, an excellent place to find in-depth information the green-collar economy and inclusiveness.