Southside Community Kitchen serves donation-based meals to the public most weeks for a $5 suggested donation per person.
Lunch is offered Monday through Thursday (12-1 p.m.), while breakfast is served on Fridays (10-11 a.m.). All are welcome to join us!
– Beef and Roasted Pork Chili with sour cream, green onions and cheese – Lemon Chicken – Spicy Pulled Pork Nachos, topped with warm jalapeno cheese, fresh tomatoes, black beans, olives and salsa Pork and Turkey Bacon Scramble Tempeh Scramble
Tuesday, 1/22, 12-1 pm:
– Vegan Chili with sour cream, green onions and cheese
– Vanilla Pudding
Wednesday, 1/23, 12-1 pm:
– Lemon Tempeh
– Turnip Puree
– Braised Greens
– Macaroni Salad
– Fresh Fruit
Thursday, 1/24, 12-1 pm:
– Spicy Tempeh Nachos
Friday, 1/25, 10-11 am:
– Biscuits and Gravy
– Stone Ground Grits
– Fried Apples
– Maple Yogurt and Granola Parfaits
– Beef and Roasted Pork Chili with sour cream, green onions and cheese
– Lemon Chicken
– Spicy Pulled Pork Nachos, topped with warm jalapeno cheese, fresh tomatoes, black beans, olives and salsa
Pork and Turkey Bacon Scramble
Southside Community Kitchen is Green Opportunities’ soul food restaurant and interactive culinary classroom, located at the Arthur R. Edington Education & Career Center at 133 Livingston Street in Asheville, NC. GO Kitchen Ready students-in-training are responsible for prepping, cooking, and serving all meals in Southside Community Kitchen, allowing them to gain invaluable hands-on “back of house” experience operating a commercial kitchen and providing “front of house” dining room service.
Meals in our community kitchen are open to all. A suggested donation of $5 for lunch/brunch is encouraged for those who are able to pay. All donations support our training program. Don’t always have cash on hand? Southside Kitchen Meal Passports are a convenient way to pre-purchase meals in our community kitchen for yourself or a friend. Passports can be purchased for $25 from GO staff, and are redeemable for five meals.
Southside Community Kitchen is operated through a partnership with A-B Tech and the Housing Authority of the City of Asheville. In season, we receive generous produce donations from many local farms and gardens, including Gaining Ground Farm, Ten Mile Farm, The Lord’s Acre, and Southside Community Garden, as well as from MANNA Food Bank.
Please view our calendar for an up-to-date schedule of community meals, including Southside Kitchen closures and special events.