Are you interested in a career in early childhood education?
Buncombe Partnership for Children, Green Opportunities, and A-B Tech are partnering to provide an exciting opportunity for individuals interested in becoming an Early Childhood Education professional. Licensed early childhood educators are in high demand.
By joining this cohort, you will be paid to attend training to make you eligible for job placement as a substitute teacher working in licensed child care programs in Buncombe County.
The next cohort begins Tuesday, November 6, 5:30-8:30. Class will take place every Tuesday evening for five weeks at the Edington Center (childcare is available for those with children).
– Available Tuesday evenings, 5:30-8:30, November 6 – December 4
– Ability to pass a drug & background check
– Food stamp eligibility (required to receive a program scholarship)
Here’s what you will get:
– 20 hours of training by Buncombe Partnership for Children
– CPR/First Aid certification
– 4 hours of guided reflective observation in classrooms
– All Division of Child Development and Early Education paperwork for teaching in licensed programs
– Enrollment, tuition, & books for Spring 2019 A-B Tech Intro to Early Childhood course (EDU 119)
– Weekly facilitated group coaching sessions
– Substitute placement in early childhood programs
– Assistance with job placement after program completion
To learn more & apply:
If you are interested in joining this program, contact Jeremy Lett at (828) 398-4158 x107 or firstname.lastname@example.org.